Sunday 20 December 2009

Stars that shine

I read something once that intrigued me from 'Dancing the Dream' by MJJ and it was:

'What does a star do when it quits shining?'

So I asked people and most of them said: 'It dies' and although it's a star, and we rarely give that much thought, I still found that quite sad. But then a friend, said: 'But there is a place where stars are born.' I must admit, as silly as it seems, I smiled at this thought. For if there is this place, then we need never be without stars. Now whenever I look up at the night sky, I have that thought in my mind and it gives me some kind of peace for I cannot imagine looking upwards and it just being blank, no stars, just nothing. Can you?

2 comments:

  1. and stars need to "die" and stop shining, so that new ones can rise and take their place in the universe. It's the cykle of life...old ones disappear - wherever they might go, and new ones appear :)

    Cool to know that u appreciate things that most of us take for granted. When was the last time I looked up at the sky for stars...can't even remember...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta find inspiration wherever I can lol

    ReplyDelete