Sunday 3 January 2010

The failed plan

Have you ever taken the time to think about what you got out of your previous relationships? I must admit I never really gave it much thought until recently. At some point these relationships are such a huge part of our lives, but when they end, we tend to just do whatever it takes to move on to the next chapter of our lives without ever thinking about the things we gained from these people we have crossed paths with many moons ago.

Take me for example, each of the people I have been entangled with; in some way or another; has had an influence on some part of me. Of course not all relationships were positive but if you look hard enough and as objectively as you can, you can always find something good to take from them.

My most recent relationship; as it turned out; was based on lies and deceit, yet I am thankful. Thankful that I had to go through; what I can only describe; as one of the most tumultuous and painful experiences in my life. Without having gone through it, my life wouldn’t be the same. I truly believe, I wouldn’t be as happy as I am now.

I want to say this to ‘him’, you know who you are, I want to thank you. By hurting me, you made my life an absolute dream.

So my point in all this is:
When people decide upon a course of action, it is because of who they are. Be it good or bad, their path is set by their nature. What they don’t consider or expect, is who you are!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had a "real" relationship in 2 years. Two whoooole years. Yet I feel like there's been no room for another person in my life, as it's been enriched with other things I love, such as friends, music, trips and art. But maybe it's because I've been telling myself i DON'T need another person in my life to make me happy, because when in relationships, I often find myself feeling trapped and limited...

    Yet each break up is hard. Reading what you wrote, made me realize that I never move on with positive feelings about the other person, as my way to turn the chapter is to just remind myself of ONLY the bad things about that other person. Just so that it'd be easier to go on. And then say to myself how "i'll never do that again, I'll never be the only one putting all the effort into a relationship.." etc. Instead I could've focused on how much stronger I've become DUE to my past relationship.

    I'm no super woman. But at least I've learnt what I want, maybe not how to get it yet, but I won't be run over again.

    brilliant post!! Been sitting here for the past 10 minutes reflecting on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks. I know what you mean. I never usually spend much time thinking about the person either but I always know when I have gained something good from it whether I can admit it or not is another matter lol

    ReplyDelete