Wednesday 30 December 2009

Seasons change

So here we are,
Time has strained us both
We stand here,
Changed forever
With every season long gone.

Has enough time passed?
Are we able to forgive?
Pain shows in our eyes,
Do we turn and walk away?
Leave this all behind

Do we fight this?
Struggle through the torment,
Battle away the tears
Or do we let them linger?
Stain our faces for all to see.

What use is there in fighting?
We don't remember what it's for.
You say you’re strong enough
But is that enough?
Has too much changed?

Where do we go now?
Who will make that call?
For the first time we are unified
As uncertainty surrounds us both
Seasons change, did our love change too?

2 comments:

  1. what inspired you to write this? It brings up lots of questions ppl ask themselves when we go through changes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually sitting at my window the other night and I saw a young couple having an arguement outside my house. She was angry but I could see her crying and the boy just looked like he was in pain as he stood there and let her shout at him. The only part of their conversation I heard was him saying 'so what now?' and suddenly I was thrust into the past, watching the exact same thing happen to me in a relationship that only seemed to be about the fights. Out of all that... this was born

    ReplyDelete