Thursday 31 December 2009

Where once I was blind, now I can see!

Let us take a moment to think about the past year.

When 2008 came to an end and 2009 began, my life was in a completely different place. It wasn't the happiest of places. It was bitter, fearful, sad and delusional at times but 2009 saved me.

January began and I found it difficult to be myself. Afraid to let people know me. I had allowed 2008 to beat me down and make me feel inadequate but then February arrived and suddenly, a new breath of life came my way. Of course, it was slow to start but I fought my way through dark thought after dark thought and eventually I burst through the other side, victorious and able to show my true self. The year continued moving onward and upwards and with my new sense of freedom, confidence, hope and positivity I achieved so many wonderful things.

Although 2009 has been a challenging year for many; myself included; with so many sad memories. I cannot help but be thankful. Thankful for all the trials and struggles that were thrown my way, grateful for everything that I have had the opportunity to learn. It is because of everything that has happened, that I have found a strength and belief in myself and it is because of this that I know, 2010 has the potential to be the biggest and best year yet.

The sum of 2009 for me is about all of the fantastic people; who I now call friends and family; that I have had the pleasure to meet and get to know. Each of these people, in their own way, save me each and every single day and whether they understand it or not, I will be eternally thankful for having them in my life.

So to all those people: the artist, the comedian, the underdog, the faithful, the hopeful, the brave, the courageous, the loving, the caring, the rebel, the square peg in the round hole and the downright wacky... I bow to you now. I appreciate all that you are and will hold each of you in my heart always.

And to people who made this all possible: Shannon, Jared & Tomo. I thank you for all that you have given me, the music, the experiences but most of all, the family that I am a part of. A family that inspire me everyday, because with them, anything is possible.

So here's to a Happy New Year, to a healthy and loving 2010 filled with everything we could ever wish for. We will meet again on Mars, the first chance we get xx

1 comment:

  1. I love you, sister!
    It was touching reading this teh first time, as what you describe in the beginning is exactly what I went through...also, despite lots of ups and downs last year, I'm just focusing on the good parts, because that's when I met you and felt like part of SOMETHING, whether u wanna call it a community, a family, Mars world...

    I owe so uch to Tomo, Jared and Shannon. Most of all because the motivation they give to to want to be a better me. Not to "become someone", because I realize we are already that "someone". But just to be a bit better, work a little bit harder, even if half of thetimes I lack motivation.

    OK, 'nuff said!!!

    ReplyDelete