Saturday 2 January 2010

I wish I stayed

Tears trickle down my face
As I walk away, head down.
Thoughts, fears and regrets
Rush through my mind.
Don’t know what to do with my hands
My feet follow an unknown path,
Who knows where I’ll end up this time.
I never wanted to leave
But you really left me no choice,
We were going nowhere
Just like I am now.
I’m afraid, but I look back
I see your face and I ache
It’s too late to take it away.
I hear you calling, pleading
‘Stay’ you say and I want to
But pride is my lover now,
It’s over, this is the end.
Still, my heart and soul
Are where you are,
I’m lost without them
I whisper to myself...

'I wish I stayed’.

3 comments:

  1. oops, u did it again...
    If this is just what u recently wrote just now...I mean, u have SOOOO much potential. You're gonna be great some day. Great as in known. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! So much raw emotion just pouring from the words. I especially like these two lines:

    "We were going nowhere
    Just like I am now."

    They feel like the essence of the piece and in just a few words you've said so much, summed up all the frustration and sadness of the "I" in the poem.

    Brilliant, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two girls are awesome to me. From two of the most talented people I know, your opinions mean the world to me.
    Thank you *hugglez*

    ReplyDelete