Tuesday 2 February 2010

Hold on

I sit here, gazing out my window
Watch the wind, it shakes the trees,
Try to suppress this memory
Of me crashing to my knees.

I stare in hopeful pretence
That you’re on your way back home,
But Inside I have this feeling
That you are really gone.

I fantasize that we’re together
Your loving arms around me tight,
Not here, alone and crying
Recalling that dreadful night.

Why, why couldn’t you listen?
Hear me calling you to stay,
Just thirty seconds longer
You’d still be here this day.

I fear these nights without you
I need to see and touch your face,
To have your lips on mine again
To sink in your warm embrace.

I don’t want to face this reality
I’m just not ready to say goodbye,
There is no life, no hope without you
I’m not even going to try.

Hold on babe I’m coming
I’m leaving this world with you,
Life means nothing, not anymore
I don’t think I’ll make it through.

Only one thing I need remains
So cold, this dagger in my hand,
My writing is on the table
This, the only thing to go as planned.

Close my eyes and raise my remedy
I no longer feel the pain,
I smile with tear drenched eyes
And I wait for my blood to drain.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent! So sad and still so romantic! It made me think of The Lady of Charlot (i think it was called) something we read in English class, it's got the same kind of desperation and tragic love/romance theme.

    Your words float perfectly. The little change in the flow in the second to last verse makes the essence of it all even stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emotionally beautiful...despite it being a poem aboyt what I assume is a failed/ended relationship, I associate it with something personal that has to do with some sort of relationship - yet not with a person. I LOVED this one, simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, just wow a sad one (again =P) but so beautiful. I got a bit teary eyed there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. re-read it...I need to share this link with a few ppl...u're just sooo talented and getting better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the romance and tragedy of eternal love have always fascinated me....like Alexander the great promised to join his Hephaistion in Hades, like Romeo and Juliet...I sometimes wonder if I have ever loved with that all-consuming intensity...or if I've never really loved at all...

    ReplyDelete