Saturday 10 April 2010

Wait for me

I’m leaving tonight
My heart is already out the door
It’s been far too long without you
Phone calls don’t seem enough anymore.
I remember when things were easier
When you were there always
Yet I never appreciated you
Like I do now distance is between us.

As I wait for my car
I think back to times long gone
Imagine your face, your eyes
You told me you loved me that day.
I smiled without saying a word
For I had loved you long before
When we were friends
Only friends, nothing more.

The day I left was dark
How I wished I could be free
As I looked at you one more time
And whispered ‘wait for me’.
It’s been a long road I’ve travelled
I never thought I’d get through
But things can only get better
Now I’m on my way back to you

1 comment:

  1. That is lovely! Just lovely and so full of hope. I think we all sometimes need to take a step back to see what it is we really have, and to get a chance to miss it before we can really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete