Saturday 14 August 2010

A Work in Progress

Suddenly
Sunrise shakes us
Hibernation, a dream.
Reality,
A disastrous darkness
Again you go and I
Don't want to love you.
Each morning I try
To break this
Noose you placed around me.
Without you, a minute or two
I'm tormented
Not sure I want to be free
Hold on to me
I can't take it, let go.
Frail, too fragile
In matters of the heart
I'm afraid that I am broken
In pieces you leave me
Daylight shines through
Shards of glass remains
If I had predicted this
I would have stopped it
At least I might have tried
But how do you stop the sun
Or force eternal night?
Midnight hour
Before morning breaks
I feel so happy
Fall freely
You catch me
Then comes the light
You leave
Feeling forgotten
Like you take it with you
To see you through the day
While on the floor I crash
The addict without a drug
Alone in this battle, a war
Heaven versus hell
If everyone could feel it
Would they embrace the day?
Maybe its just me
I don't know how to love
Maybe you can teach me
Will it consume me?
Is it something I can learn?
Will it just get harder?
If I don't try, will I die?
Why don't we start slow
Can't let go, I crave this
Misery
Remind me I'm alive
Melancholy
Tell me I'm not broken
Just unfinished

2 comments:

  1. hi Hon!

    Another beautiful poem!
    I especially love the line:
    "The addict without a drug"

    I can really relate to this one... very good!!

    Love,

    Linda

    ps. cant wait to see you in December!!! WOOOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I say that I've been reading the works on your page, and I absolutely love them. They're heart-stirring and magnificent. :)

    ReplyDelete