Sunday 27 June 2010

I'm your ghost

Moving around you,
air so light, floating freely
an apparition is what I am
holding onto your life.
How is it that you can’t see?
I need you to
I refuse to say goodbye
But I know I can’t stay here
Not yet, I can cling a little longer
Before the light pulls me away
Don’t cry, don’t give in.
I reach out my hand to you
so softly, I trace your face
You stare blankly,
drawn deep inside your pain
I know you can’t feel me
But I swear I saw a change
Faint recognition, a question lingering
On your mouth, in your mind
Is it just my own hope I see?
Close my eyes, breathe in and focus
project my thoughts to you
Lean in to you and whisper:
Always my love, forever my heart
Not even death can tear us apart
I raise up my head and see your eyes bright
with that smile on your lips, I walk into the light

No comments:

Post a Comment