Sunday 2 May 2010

It's all violence and Chess

Grumpy but gorgeous
Is what you used to call me,
Look how the tide has turned
You're the one to snap,
Attack without motive
Short, spiky bursts of violence
Venom follows soft,
sweet bubbles of love.
We collide
I want to hide and I'm frozen.
This place where I stand, quicksand
Drowning me slowly, pulls me down
Me, the queen that's unprotected
You, the knight I always dreamed of
So I stay, play the game
Check mate
Defeat,
Tastes a lot like blood these days.
I make the same damn moves
Don't seem to have a mind,
Not one that's mine completely
It’s filled with your excuses,
my wishes for a brand new day.
A day to begin and end the same
No anguish, no pain, no surprises
Without your love that kills me.
It comes around again
This time let's begin with hate
Maybe you should start,
I'll play along
For now, just a pawn.
Remember the rules, keep my focus
Each time round, pick up a little more,
My turn is coming, pretty soon
It'll be over. Only one
Will survive this horror story
Either way,
I'm the winner, I'll be free
Now for one last time
Let's play!

No comments:

Post a Comment